Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel
1425 S 5th Street, Saint Charles, MO 63301-2435
Phone: 636/946-6936 | Fax: 636/946-9640 | 133 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel!
The location of our St. Charles MO hotel makes all the difference because we’re near the casino, next to the business park, the Bass Pro Shop® is next door and we’re right off of I-70.
With the Hollywood Casino Amphitheater nearby and the Family Arena minutes away, guests at our St. Charles MO hotel are close to it all. Stay close to historic Main Street to make the most of your trip. Whether guests are looking for a hotel near Ameristar Casino or a hotel near Earth City Business Park, we have the ideally situated property for you.
Our St. Charles MO hotel is designed with your comfort in mind. For those looking for hotels near Historic St. Charles, MO and Main Street, you’ll be within walking distance to the best the city has to offer. Visiting St. Louis, MO? We are 18 miles west. However, the abundance of business in the area also brings a number of business travelers to our property. From leisure to important meetings, we cater to all visitors.
The St. Charles Convention Center has events happening year-round, and the Katy Trail is a popular bike trail that draws outdoor lovers and cyclists to the region. Whether you’re here for Monsanto or a lecture at Lindenwood University, where you stay matters. Our St. Charles MO hotel is a home away from home for UPS® employees, and is a spacious retreat for those who are here for a loved one’s graduation on campus.
The city of St. Charles boasts Missouri’s oldest historic waterfront district and features more than 125 retail and restaurant venues. With 225 miles of railway turned biking and hiking on Katy Trail, there’s also plenty of opportunity to enjoy all that Mother Nature has to offer in this gorgeous region.
Book your next stay at Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel for the friendliest service in town! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless Internet connection in public areas
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, Scrambled eggs, Belgian waffles, Breakfast meats, Biscuits and gravy, Bacon, Sausage, Breakfast burritos, Gluten-free items available
- Indoor pool, heated 12 feet deep
- Exercise facility, open from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. eliptical machine, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, medicine balls, stabilizer ball, yoga mat
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat, guest laundry, 24-hours
- Express check out
- Late check out, upon request
- Cable or satellite television, cable
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, three terminals
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
- Dataports, wireless
- Mail services
- Meeting facilities, Lewis and Clark meeting room offers 709 square feet of space and can hold up to 70 people theater style but can be set up a number of different ways to fit your needs.
- Conference facilities, the Discovery room boardroom offers a smaller setting with 311 square feet of space for small gatherings or board meetings. A number of set up options are available to fit your needs.
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Physically challenged services, wheelchairs available upon request
- Hearing impaired services, available at the front desk
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged, complimentary, 24-hours
- Ice/vending machines
- Local shuttle Limited shuttle service availability on weekends by appointment on Friday and Saturday nights from 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking, complimentary 24-hours
- Truck/RV parking, complimentary, 24-hours
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Barbeque grills
- Shuttle service for groups if arranged in advance.
- High-speed Internet
Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus the charles hotel in Saint Charles.
Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus the charles hotel in Saint Charles, Missouri is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 38.770765 / Latitude: -90.494875
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Eastbound I-70. Take Exit 229A, stay left, turn left at the light onto Bass Pro Drive. The Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel is on the left hand side.
From: Westbound I-70. Take Exit 229. Turn left at the light onto Fifth Street, go through the next light and keep left, turn left at the light onto Bass Pro Drive. The Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel is on the left hand side.
Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The zoo, accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, features over 2,000 animals.
Some of the primarily exhibits at Butterfly House include Butterflies of the World, Small Wonders, and the Conservatory Garden.
Other amenities include the Emerson Lakeside Terrence, available for events, and the Emerson Family Theater.
Gateway Arch St. Louis
Stretching 630 feet into the air, the Gateway Arch is located on the banks of the Mississippi River in downtown St. Louis. The famous structure has come to serve as the iconic image of the eastern Missouri city.
Called “the Gateway to the West,” the Arch is the tallest man-made monument in the United States – serving as the centerpiece of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial.
The structure, listed in the National Register of Historic Places, is one of the most-visited tourist attractions in the world with a year average of four million people.
Found along the Missouri River in Maryland Heights, Hollywood Casino is a one stop for gaming, entertainment, and fun in eastern Missouri. Just a short drive from St. Louis, the Hollywood Casino is a gamer’s paradise, featuring 2,100 slot machines, 60 table games, and the Phat Tai gaming area.
Apart from the gaming, visitors can enjoy entertainment and fine dining, including live shows at the Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre and juicy steaks at Final Cut. The casino also hosts large events, meetings, weddings, and more at the 10,000 square foot Hollywood event space.
Opened in 1991, Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre is large outdoor concert venue located in Maryland Heights in eastern Missouri. The amphitheater, just a short drive from St. Charles, seats roughly 20,000, working with the nearby Hollywood Casino as the primary entertainment venue for casino goers.
The amphitheater has gone through several renovations over the years, helping it host big name artists and events like Lollapalooza, the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and Vans Warped Tour. The amphitheater is easily accessible via Interstate 70 and 270.
Jefferson National Expansion Memorial
Making its home in St. Louis, the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial is dedicated to preserving an integral part of American history.
The eastern Missouri park covers over 90 acres and is home to several notable attractions, including the Old Courthouse, the Museum of Westward Expansion, and the Gateway Arch.
The iconic Gateway Arch, also known as the “Gateway to the West,” features an elevator, taking visitors up over 600 feet to the observation room.
Aside from the Arch, the Old Courthouse and Museum of Westward Expansion each feature their own activities – including exhibits, displays, and artifacts dating back to the Civil War and beyond.
Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
Missouri’s busiest and largest airport, Lambert-St. Louis International Airport (STL) serves the St. Louis metropolitan area.
Set in northern St. Louis, STL holds daily flights to over 90 national and international locations, and is a focus city for Southwest Airlines.
STL supports five concourses, four runways, and several major airlines such as Delta, American, Southwest, United, and US Airways.
STL commercial airlines include Frontier, Alaska, Cape, Air Canada, AirTran, and Air Choice One.
A private, coeducational, liberal arts school, Lindenwood University is located in eastern Missouri in the city of Saint Charles. Originating in 1827, LU consists of nine colleges across a 500-acre urban campus.
LU features points of interest like the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts, Lou Brock Sports Complex, and the historic Sibley Hall. LU also features the Lindenwood Lions athletics, 27 teams part of Division II of the NCAA.
Opened in 1984, Saint Louis Galleria is a shopping mall located in Richmond Heights near St. Louis. The mall features the three anchor tenants Dillard’s, Macy’s, and Nordstrom.
Apart from the excellent shopping, St. Louis Galleria visitors can enjoy the variety of dining opportunities, and entertainment at the Galleria 6 Cinemas. The Galleria often hosts retail events, grand openings, and special sales as well.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.01 mile(s) from Bass Pro Shops, located next door to the hotel, within walking distance. 1365 South 5th Street, St. Charles, MO 63301 636-688-2500. Hours: Monday through Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 0.01 mile(s) from Ameristar Casino, located across the street from the hotel. 1 Ameristar Boulevard, St. Charles, MO 63301 636-940-4300
- 1.00 mile(s) from Historic Main Street, early explorers and pioneers made St. Charles their place of choice for shopping in the 19th Century. Today, you can walk those same brick-lined streets, shop in the same buildings, but rather than pelts and barrels of nails, you will find unique specialty items, home accessories, artwork, and many other one-of-a-kind gifts. Enjoy creative cuisine that includes American fare, French, Mexican, Italian, and Spanish influences. When evening falls, take a stroll under the glow of antique gaslights or relax to the soothing sounds of horses' hooves clip-cloping along while snuggling in a horse-drawn carriage. For well over 200 years, visitors to St. Charles have been settling into comfortable accommodations. Our overnight guests have included explorers, pioneers, statesmen, and steamboat captains. As evening descends on our Missouri River village, the essence of history and life in a simpler time envelops you. Come be our guest and make your own memories along Main Street.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Hollywood Casino Amphitheater in St. Louis, is a 7,000-seat outdoor concert venue, with lawn seating for another 13,000, making it a 20,000 person capacity venue. Opened on June 14, 1991. 14141 Riverport Drive, Maryland Heights, MO 63043 314-298-9944. Hours: Monday through Friday 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Sunday closed
- 4.00 mile(s) from The Family Arena, a multi-purpose arena in St. Charles built in 1999. The arena seats 9,643 for hockey, 9,755 for football, 10,467 for basketball, 6,339 for half-house concerts and up to 11,522 for end-stage concerts. 2002 Arena Parkway, St. Charles, MO 63303 636-896-4200. Hours: Monday through Friday 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Closed on Saturday and Sunday
- 3.00 mile(s) from First Missouri State Capitol State Historic Site in St. Charles, maintained by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources as a state historic site. 200 South Main Street, St Charles, MO 63301 636-940-3322
- 2.00 mile(s) from Foundry Art Centre, a fine arts gallery overlooking the Missouri River at 520 North Main Center, in the Frenchtown district of Historic St. Charles. 636-255-0270. Hours: Tuesday through Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed on Monday
- 3.00 mile(s) from Lewis & Clark Boat House, the Discovery Expedition's permanent home. Situated beside the Missouri River at Bishop's Landing in charming historic St. Charles, Missouri. The educational facility features exhibits relating to the Lewis & Clark expedition as well as the Missouri River ecosystem. 1050 South Riverside Drive, St. Charles, MO 63301 636-947-3199 Open: Monday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Katy Trail State Park, contains the Katy Trail, a recreational rail trail that runs 240 miles in the right-of-way of the former Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad. 100 Katy Trail Lane, St. Charles, MO 63303 Phone 636-947-7777
- 18.00 mile(s) from Busch Stadium, home of the Major League Baseball team St. Louis Cardinals. The stadium has a seating capacity of 43,975, and contains 3,706 club seats and 61 luxury suites. Opened on April 4, 2006. Contractor: Hunt Construction Group; Architecture: Populous®
- 24.00 mile(s) from Gateway Arch, the centerpiece of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial in St. Louis. It was built as a monument to the westward expansion of the United States. Construction started: February 12, 1963; Height: 630 feet; Area: 62 acres; Architectural styles: Modern architecture, High-tech architecture; Architects: Eero Saarinen, Hannskarl Bandel
- 19.00 mile(s) from Edward Jones Dome, a multi-purpose stadium in St. Louis and home of the St. Louis Rams of the National Football League. It was constructed largely to lure an NFL team back to St. Louis, and to serve as a convention center. Capacity: 66,000. 901 North Broadway, St. Louis, MO 63101 314-342-5201 Architecture firm: Populous®
- 17.00 mile(s) from Scottrade® Center, a 19,150 seat arena located in downtown St. Louis, opened in 1994, it is the home of the St. Louis Blues of the National Hockey League. Capacity: 19,260. 1401 Clark Avenue, 314-622-5400. Hours: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: Closed. Architecture firm: Ellerbe Becket
- 16.00 mile(s) from Zoological Society of St., commonly known as the St. Louis Zoo, is in Forest Park in St. Louis. It is recognized as a leading zoo in animal management, research, conservation, and education on 89 acres. Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every day. 1 Government Drive, St. Louis, MO 63110 314-781-0900
- 15.00 mile(s) from St. Louis Science Center, founded as a planetarium in 1963, is a collection of buildings including a science museum and planetarium in St. Louis, on the southeastern corner of Forest Park. 5050 Oakland Avenue St Louis, MO 63139 314-289-4424. Architectural style: Googie Architecture
- 24.00 mile(s) from City Museum, consisting largely of repurposed architectural and industrial objects, housed in the former International Shoe building in the Washington Avenue Loft District of St. Louis. Opened and Established: October 1997. Hours: Monday through Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to midnight. Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 701 North 15th Street, St. Louis, MO 63103 314-231-2489
- 22.00 mile(s) from Crown Candy Kitchen, please take a moment to look around. It may feel as if you have taken a giant step back in time. Maybe you have spotted the vintage jukebox, the Coca-Cola® Collectibles or the soda fountain. You might not be aware that Crown Candy Kitchen is one of St Louis’ oldest and most popular attractions. Besides the soda fountain and candy, Crown Candy Kitchen serves great food for lunch and dinner. Whether you are in the mood for a thick stacked sandwich, chili, a giant gourmet frank, a salad or a bowl of soup, Crown Candy Kitchen’s staff is ready to prepare a fresh hearty meal to satisfy your appetite. 1401 St. Louis Avenue St Louis, MO 63106 314-621-9650. Hours: Monday through Thursday 10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday 10:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- 16.00 mile(s) from Taubman Prestige Outlets, an upper-moderate fashion outlet mall 20 minutes from downtown St. Louis, will celebrate its Grand Opening on August 2, 2013 just in time for Missouri's back-to-school tax-free weekend. The open-air, village-style property will feature 310,000 square feet of retail space in Phase I. Its family focus environment, dog-friendly hospitality, and access to the levee fitness trail will create a unique retail experience and make it a shopping destination for locals and visitors alike. The center is expected to draw shoppers from throughout Missouri, as well as Illinois, Iowa, Kentucky, Tennessee and Indiana. Taubman Prestige Outlets Chesterfield is ideally located in the heart of an established and thriving retail hub. The center has premier visibility on Highway 40/64 and easy on and off access from the highway via Boone's Crossing, a well-known retail interchange in Chesterfield
- .5 mile(s) from AMC Theatre
- 10.00 mile(s) from Mid Rivers Mall, conveniently located at I-70 and Mid Rivers Mall Drive in St. Charles County, is the shopping place for St. Peters. See a movie at the Wehrenberg Mid Rivers 14 Cine, dine at Qdoba® Mexican Grill, Max & Erma's, Chili's or at the fabulous food court. Shop the wide variety of specialty stores and department stores including American Eagle Outfitters, Gymboree®, LOFT®, Express®, The Limited and Dick's Sporting Goods®, plus many more.
- 10.00 mile(s) from St. Louis Outlet Mall, 5555 St. Louis Mills Boulevard, Hazelwood MO 63042, 314-227-5900
- 15.00 mile(s) from St. Louis Premium Outlets®, 85 outlet stores where you can discover impressive savings at Ann Taylor®, Georgio Armani®, BCBGMAXAZRIA, Coach, Converse, Crabtree & Evelyn®, Elie Tahari®, J.Crew®, Kate Spade New York, Max Studio, Michael Kors®, Nike, Saks Fifth Avenue Off 5th, St. John, Tommy Hilfiger®, Under Armour® and many more. 18521 Outlet Boulevard, Chesterfield MO 63005. Grand Opening is August 22-25, 2013.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Amish Peddler, specializing in Amish and American made solid wood furniture. 955 South Main Street, St. Charles MO 63301.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Barton Brother Antiques, fine antique furniture, antique furniture refinishing is their specialty. 820 North Second Street, St. Charles MO 63301.
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Bling Boutique LLC, fine jewelry both new and estate, travel clothes, haughty hats and handbags, and ever evolving gifts. Closed Mondays and Tuesdays.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Canine Cookies N Cream Dog Bakery, all natural bakery-quality treats, K-9 cakes, K-9 ice cream, K-9 kandy, all natural dog food and unique gift ideas
- 1.00 mile(s) from Carol's Treasure Chest, antiques, gifts and snacks. Closed on Mondays.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Corner Candy Shoppe, 200 old fashion candies sold by the piece or by the pound. Jelly Belly®, sugar-free candy, gift baskets and more. Relive those childhood memories. Closed on Mondays.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Deb's Gifts & More Incorporated, specialty gifts and home decor, France lamps, flags, yard ornaments, boutique baby and children items, cards, collegiate items and unique martini and wine glasses.
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 4.00 mile(s) from Rec-Plex, 236,000 square foot family recreation, fitness and sports complex.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Katy Bike Rental, your one-stop shop on the Katy Trail for bike rentals, parts, accessories, concessions, Katy souvenirs and shuttle and baggage transfer services.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Blue Bird Yoga, where you can enrich, inspire and energize your life. Beautiful, naturally lit studio overlooking Frontier Park. Experience a Vinyasa style class with a certified instructor.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Main Street Gym, offering one-on-one training, group training, rehab and pain management.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Bear Creek Golf Club, 18-hole championship design golf course, designed by Gary Kern.
- 10.00 mile(s) from O'Fallon Sports Park, 95 acre complex with five soccer fields, playground, concession stand, pavilion, restrooms.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Boschertown Grand Prix Go Karts, largest outdoor track in the Midwest.
- 20.00 mile(s) from Missouri River Excursions, float the Missouri River in a rented canoe, kayak, or large raft with shuttle service provided. Custom float trips available, also four, eight and 48-hour trips offered.
- 13.00 mile(s) from Vetta Sports, indoor soccer facility has two full size fields, plus a mezzanine with inflatables for parties.
- Denny's, on premises, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, centrally located in St. Charles with easy access off I-70. Walking distance to Bass Pro Shops®. Only blocks from the casino. Meeting room seats 40. Open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Adjacent to Texas Roadhouse, full service, American, open for: dinner, within walking distance of the hotel. Hours: Monday through Thursday 3:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday 3:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Adjacent to Buffalo Wild Wings® Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, within walking distance to the hotel. Hours: Monday through Thursday 11:00 a.m. to midnight, Friday and Saturday 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m., Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Magpie's Restaurant, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located in the historic district, early 1800's building with a lovely outdoor patio. Diverse menu.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Trailhead Brewing Company, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, built on the foundation of one of the original gristmills in St. Charles, Circa 1760. Multi-level restaurant and micro-brewery plus two outdoor patios.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Big A's on the Riverfront, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located in the North Main Historic District. Specialties include: sandwiches, pizza, hamburgers, steak and pasta.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lewis and Clark's® An American Restaurant and Public House, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, a three-story 1860's building with indoor and outdoor balconies offering a panoramic view of Main Street. Full American menu.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Frankie Tocco's Pizzeria, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, authentic Italian cuisine, steak, veal, pasta, pizza, chicken, appetizers. Lunch and dinner specials available.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Llywelyn's Pub, pub, American, open for: lunch, dinner, on the St. Charles Riverfront, offers two areas: the main level and the downstairs lounge area.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Miss Aimee B's Tea Room & The Upstairs Market Place, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, charming 1865 Victorian atmosphere provides delightful dining for a divine breakfast or a lavish lunch and desserts. Open: Tuesday through Sunday.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Tony's on Main Street, full service, steak house, open for: lunch, dinner, located on the historic Main Street, Tony's is family owned and operated and prides themselves on their hand cut steaks and homemade sauces. Open: Tuesday through Sunday.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Mother-in-Law House, full service, American, open for: dinner, located in the heart of St. Charles Historic District with 1866 to 1900 Victorian furnishings. Classic American cuisine.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Quintessential Dining & Nightlife, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located in the St. Charles North Main Entertainment District. Quintessential has a unique ambiance and decor on each floor.
- 1.00 mile(s) from R.T. Weiler's, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, restored 1800's historic building with outdoor dining, serving casual American cuisine, located in the heart of the Historic St. Charles Main Street.
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Vine Wine Bar and Bistro, bar/lounge, American, open for: dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Beef Eaters Restaurant, full service, American, open for: dinner, specializing in prime rib, steaks, seafood and chicken.
- Across the street from Landmark Buffet, buffet, American, open for: lunch, dinner, located in the Ameristar Casino Resort Spa St. Charles. A lavish showcase of the world's cuisines, each station of the Landmark Buffet is detailed to reflect an ethnic theme from the colorful tiles at the Italian counter to the stainless steel at the American grill.
Best Western Plus The Charles Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Saint Charles. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean